Everyone deserves to live in a community where they feel safe. I want to see the Council take up a comprehensive criminal justice reform bill that addresses community violence with a public health approach and ends corruption in the Police Department.
- Advocating for a community policing model that promotes increased foot patrols and community collaboration
- Increasing investment on re-entry programs at the community level
- Community-focused crime and safety interventions that address the needs of vunerable populations, including, the elderly, youth and the LGBTQ community
- Demanding a more accountable police budget, including finding solutions to increase the number of officers and decreasing the level of police overtime
- Advocating for a citywide youth program to partner with the police and help recruit new officers from the local high schools and community colleges